Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Afghan


Here's my latest ongoing project. It's a fun pattern to work. You basically just crochet single, half, double, treble, double, half, single stitches over and over to make the waves. Each colored row is separated by a single crochet row. You use the same color for this row to separate the "wave" colors. It's done as a scrap afghan, but I didn't have enough leftover yarns to do it that way, so I bought colors that I thought would be fun to work with. These bright colors match absolutely nothing in my house, but it will still be nice and warm to curl up under. That's the nice thing about crocheting an afghan in the winter, it keeps you warm while you're working on it. I have three almost full skeins of the colored yarns left, so I'll just keep working on it until I use up all the yarn. It will be interesting to see how big it turns out. Besides, anything that keeps my hands busy also keeps me from eating!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a throw...how much yarn did you use? It turned out very nice. kpaints

    ReplyDelete