Friday, February 6, 2009

Shopping Trip


With last Sunday being the Super Bowl, I decided it would be the best day to go into town to do some shopping. I figured people would be busy getting ready for Super Bowl parties and such. Well, I was wrong, the stores were packed! I went to Michaels, Joann Fabrics, and Barnes and Nobel. I had a gift certificate for Barnes and Nobel that I had gotten from Jim. I knew it would take me a long time to pick out books, so I made it known that I was going alone. That was another reason I went on Super Bowl Sunday, I knew I could go by myself. I bought this stitching encyclopedia. I was so glad Barnes and Nobel had one because I've seen it before but I never would have thought of it if I wouldn't have seen it there. I like to have reference books on hand for different crafts. This one has just about every embroidery stitch imaginable plus needlepoint and cross stitch. The diagrams are easy to follow and there are also projects included. No excuses now, although I don't think even this book could make me enjoy counted cross stitch. Too much counting...not enough stitching! I'll stick to embroidery.

1 comment:

  1. I want to turn one of the bedrooms into a garden room. Make me a cool picture from the stitches in the book for me.

    ReplyDelete